Sometimes There's A Man
who shows up out of nowhere. He won't tell you his name. He's not from around these parts. He just says what needs to be said, and moves on never to return. But the place is never the same.
I'm speaking, of course, about the abrasive first-time blog commenter who's just there to insult the author and his readers.
Generally we ignore or delete these people, but every once in a while it's nice to give one of them a thorough workout. The kind of workout where you can almost hear the author cracking his knuckles before hitting the keyboard.
This reply, to something calling itself HumboldtBlue, is a masterpiece of the genre.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Significant Developments In D.C. Anti-SLAPP Law. - June 5th, 2014
- Does The Internet Need A United Nations When It Doesn't Have A First Amendment? - March 24th, 2014
- Fear And Loathing In Falls Church - January 4th, 2014
- Eventually That Animal Is Going To Turn On You, And You're Going To End Up The Victim! - December 5th, 2013
- if you MARRY! like your REPRODUCE! doctor you OBEY! can keep NO INDEPENDENT THOUGHT! your doctor. SUBMIT! if you CONSUME! like your STAY ASLEEP! plan you can WATCH TV! keep it. BUY! period. NO IMAGINATION! - December 4th, 2013