Sometimes There's A Man
who shows up out of nowhere. He won't tell you his name. He's not from around these parts. He just says what needs to be said, and moves on never to return. But the place is never the same.
I'm speaking, of course, about the abrasive first-time blog commenter who's just there to insult the author and his readers.
Generally we ignore or delete these people, but every once in a while it's nice to give one of them a thorough workout. The kind of workout where you can almost hear the author cracking his knuckles before hitting the keyboard.
This reply, to something calling itself HumboldtBlue, is a masterpiece of the genre.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- The Speechfather - November 19th, 2014
- Bill Maher: "If You Strike Me Down, I Shall Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine." - October 30th, 2014
- With Apologies To Black Sabbath - October 29th, 2014
- Love Is Kind Of Crazy With A Spooky Little Movie Like You - October 2nd, 2014
- This Post Knows The Gate. This Post Is The Gate. This Post Is The Key And Guardian Of The Gate. Past, Present, Future, All Are One In This Post. - September 7th, 2014