Sheriff Taylor's approval ratings are, supposedly, down in North Carolina because he participated in a commercial supporting Obamacare. I have my doubts. I've lived my entire life in the state, and would guess that Andy's ratings are down because the state's younger generation are a bunch of videogame addicted illiterates who think Larry the Cable Guy is classic comedy. But that's just me.
The older generation knows. And the kids will come around. Eventually they'll rediscover "What It Was Was Football," "No Time For Sergeants," and hardcore oldschool Andy Griffith Show reruns, in black and white, not that miserable Mayberry RFD pap.
But don't take my word for it. The surest sign that Andy is still relevant, still funny, and STILL A TITAN WORTHY TO SIT AMONG NORTH CAROLINA'S GREATEST SONS (roughly speaking, Thelonious Monk, George Clinton, Thomas Wolfe, John Coltrane, Andrew Jackson, and Andy Griffith) is that Bill O'Reilly has jumped on the bandwagon. If Bill O'Reilly is against Andy Griffith, he must be doing something right.
As Jon Stewart asked, "How do you turn against Opie's pa? Matlock! He's a Presidential Medal of Freedom winner. What happened, North Carolina, did Griffith wipe his ass on one of Dean Smith's old jackets?"
|The Daily Show With Jon Stewart||Mon – Thurs 11p / 10c|
Look, Andy Griffith could endorse Satan-worship from a toilet stall in an elementary school girls' restroom, and I'd still be a fan. Long after Bill O'Reilly's show is cancelled following the host's horrific death from having his head sucked into the vacuum of his ass, the Andy Griffith Show will remain a classic.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Eventually That Animal Is Going To Turn On You, And You're Going To End Up The Victim! - December 5th, 2013
- if you MARRY! like your REPRODUCE! doctor you OBEY! can keep NO INDEPENDENT THOUGHT! your doctor. SUBMIT! if you CONSUME! like your STAY ASLEEP! plan you can WATCH TV! keep it. BUY! period. NO IMAGINATION! - December 4th, 2013
- I Am Thankful For This Bit Of Fun - November 28th, 2013
- They Shoot Ponies, Don't They? - November 27th, 2013
- Doctor Who: An Appreciation - November 23rd, 2013