I'm simply going to suggest, with a hung jury on 23 of 24 counts against Rod Blagojevich, and a lone conviction on the penny ante charge of lying to the FBI, that the millions spent prosecuting him could have been put to better use.
What if the Justice Department had just released the tapes, allowed Blagojevich's impeachment to go forward, and then done nothing? He'd still be ruined, but he wouldn't look like a martyr (which he does now, in an odd way), and the FBI and the Justice Department wouldn't look like a gang of incompetent fools.
What if all that money had gone into solar powered windmills?
Mind you, I think that Blagojevich is guilty as sin. But that isn't why he was prosecuted. Most politicians are guilty as sin. Blagojevich was prosecuted for being stupid.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Eventually That Animal Is Going To Turn On You, And You're Going To End Up The Victim! - December 5th, 2013
- if you MARRY! like your REPRODUCE! doctor you OBEY! can keep NO INDEPENDENT THOUGHT! your doctor. SUBMIT! if you CONSUME! like your STAY ASLEEP! plan you can WATCH TV! keep it. BUY! period. NO IMAGINATION! - December 4th, 2013
- I Am Thankful For This Bit Of Fun - November 28th, 2013
- They Shoot Ponies, Don't They? - November 27th, 2013
- Doctor Who: An Appreciation - November 23rd, 2013