It'll Be A Great Day When Our Schools Get All The Money They Need And The Justice Department Has To Hold A Bake Sale To Bury A Bum.
I'm simply going to suggest, with a hung jury on 23 of 24 counts against Rod Blagojevich, and a lone conviction on the penny ante charge of lying to the FBI, that the millions spent prosecuting him could have been put to better use.
What if the Justice Department had just released the tapes, allowed Blagojevich's impeachment to go forward, and then done nothing? He'd still be ruined, but he wouldn't look like a martyr (which he does now, in an odd way), and the FBI and the Justice Department wouldn't look like a gang of incompetent fools.
What if all that money had gone into solar powered windmills?
Mind you, I think that Blagojevich is guilty as sin. But that isn't why he was prosecuted. Most politicians are guilty as sin. Blagojevich was prosecuted for being stupid.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- The Speechfather - November 19th, 2014
- Bill Maher: "If You Strike Me Down, I Shall Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine." - October 30th, 2014
- With Apologies To Black Sabbath - October 29th, 2014
- Love Is Kind Of Crazy With A Spooky Little Movie Like You - October 2nd, 2014
- This Post Knows The Gate. This Post Is The Gate. This Post Is The Key And Guardian Of The Gate. Past, Present, Future, All Are One In This Post. - September 7th, 2014