Jeffrey Lord Is Not A Writer

You may also like...

11 Responses

1. Charles says:

Thanks for finding a way to write about this. I couldn't figure out how to do it without slamming my fists on the keyboard.

2. David says:

Insane. Don't they have editors over there? Or grown-ups in general?

3. FIREhat says:

Excellent takedown. This post is definitely worth emailing around.

4. SPQR says:

Definitely a lack of grownups.

5. To make this even more embarrassing, someone actually took the time to read the case that Lord says not only proves that this was not a lynching but also proves how New Deal Activist (and thus indistinguishable from anyone on the modern Left) Justice Hugo Black was solely responsible for the fact that Sheriff Screws and his cronies got away with it. Eh, not so much:

Either Lord didn't read the decision at all, or his reading comprehension skills rate somewhere between "Chair" and "Lamp."

6. Patrick says:

Lord's childish reference to Radley Balko as "Boo Radley" and himself as "Atticus Lord" is particularly unfortunate, in a discussion of lynching.

I suppose Lord would call Helen Robinson a liar for saying that Tom Robinson was "railroaded," when the truth is that Tom was shot trying to escape from prison, rather than from a train.

7. I'm glad the folks at The American Spectator and Breitbart's sites are sticking so tenaciously to their principles. The stakes – Georgia State Director! For Rural Development! – have never been higher. These are the front lines in the battle of liberty, truly.

8. Chris says:

What the hell is wrong with these people?

9. φ says:

Ken, you are the balls. I knew there was a reason I subscribed to this place. Keep it up, my good man.

10. Andrew S. says:

@Patrick: Calling Balko "Boo Radley" is appropriate in a way. After all, Boo Radley's a hero, protecting the innocent (Scout and Jem) from the oppressor (Bob Ewell).

I did have to laugh at Lord calling himself "Atticus" though.

11. mojo says:

Yeah. "Under color of authority" makes the crime even more heinous. Ya think?