I love the internet.
Unlike many of you, I remember days when home internet access was limited to a few superbrains and no one else. (A middle school friend's dad had it. He designed the electrical systems on the ALVIN submersible, as well as a lot of stuff he refused to talk about even to his son.)
And only the internet could have made possible what I read this morning: supremely erudite Cato Institute scholar Walter Olson, commenting on Lindsay Lohan's Twitter feed. Though the two seem to be ideological twins, Olson is critical of Lohan's research methodology on federal sentencing policy.
In the 1970s you had to read underground magazines, circulated only in certain Chicago book and record stores, to enjoy this sort of thing. Today it's available to everyone.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- A Word From Our Sponsor - May 8th, 2013
- Lesson Plan And Syllabus For Second Semester Seniors, Princeton High School - May 3rd, 2013
- A Day Reading Popehat Is Like A Day At The Farm. Every Post Is A Banquet! Every Amazon Purchase A Fortune! Every Comment Thread A Parade! I Love Popehat! - May 2nd, 2013
- I Demand A Senate Investigating Committee - April 27th, 2013
- Be Aware That You Have Threatened, Tried To Blackmail And Accused Our Company Of SCAM With Your E-mail! - April 26th, 2013