It would jeopardize my law license. I swore an oath many years ago to support the Constitution of the United States. South Carolina is one of those states.
You may not so encumbered. You may wish to fill out the form, and send five dollars to the South Carolina Secretary of State. As an attorney, I must advise you that doing so may have adverse repercussions should you wish to enter certain professions or to form certain associations, but at the same time, the First Amendment protects you from criminal prosecution should you merely fill out the form and send your five dollars.
In its ironic way, it may be the best five dollars you ever spent. If ever an American government needed to be overthrown, it was the government of South Carolina.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- A Word From Our Sponsor - May 8th, 2013
- Lesson Plan And Syllabus For Second Semester Seniors, Princeton High School - May 3rd, 2013
- A Day Reading Popehat Is Like A Day At The Farm. Every Post Is A Banquet! Every Amazon Purchase A Fortune! Every Comment Thread A Parade! I Love Popehat! - May 2nd, 2013
- I Demand A Senate Investigating Committee - April 27th, 2013
- Be Aware That You Have Threatened, Tried To Blackmail And Accused Our Company Of SCAM With Your E-mail! - April 26th, 2013