Blawg Review is a weekly "blog carnival," a round-up of links to recent posts from different weblogs on legal topics. Often the review itself is organized around a theme, though it need not be. We were honored with an invitation to host such a review this year. Our effort, commemorating the life of Joshua Norton, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico, may be found here. It was a load of work to prepare this post, which for all the effort didn't turn out quite as what we'd envisioned. Such is life.
Appreciating the effort that others put into these reviews now that we've gone through the process, we'd like, at the invitation of Blawg Review's editor, to nominate the following posts, in chronological order, for consideration as Blawg Review of the Year 2009:
- Mark Bennett's commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the war on drugs, and other things. (#199)
- Geeklawyer's scandalous review on all things Dionysian (and therefore illegal), like getting drunk and tearing other people to pieces with bare hands. (#203)
- John Hochfelder's remembrance of the veterans of World War II, as shown through his father's experience. (#209)
- Eric Turkewitz's Halloween Blawg Review. (#236)
- Joel Rosenberg's sardonic celebration of the International Day of Tolerance, the founding of the National Rifle Association. (#238)
We would nominate Colin Samuels' Pearl Harbor-themed Blawg Review, but Samuels seems to win the honor every year, so we're not nominating him. Sorry Colin. For that matter, we'd encourage you to read the other Blawg Reviews published this year, compiled here. There isn't a bad one in the bunch.
Blawg Review is a unique institution, a weekly lens on the law over the web which exposes us to many voices and bloggers we'd otherwise not find. It's well worth a bookmark.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- A Word From Our Sponsor - May 8th, 2013
- Lesson Plan And Syllabus For Second Semester Seniors, Princeton High School - May 3rd, 2013
- A Day Reading Popehat Is Like A Day At The Farm. Every Post Is A Banquet! Every Amazon Purchase A Fortune! Every Comment Thread A Parade! I Love Popehat! - May 2nd, 2013
- I Demand A Senate Investigating Committee - April 27th, 2013
- Be Aware That You Have Threatened, Tried To Blackmail And Accused Our Company Of SCAM With Your E-mail! - April 26th, 2013