The Best Way to Protect Marriage

7 Responses

1. Ken says:

It was inevitable someone would try to make this point. Fortunately it is being made well.

It will be interesting to see how pro-8 groups respond to it.

2. Eric T. says:

Can you imagine if it passed?

And it could.

3. Al says:

I can see it getting onto the ballot but not passed. People are stupid but not that many people are that stupid.

4. Xmas says:

Al,

You are talking about California. I really think it would depend on the wording and the name of the proposition…

Proposition 4 – Protecting Traditional Marriage amendment

Proposition 9 – Make Sure Homosexuals Never Want This Right amendment.

Proposition 187 – The Scott Peterson amendment

5. astonied says:

I love it. I want to bring Proposition No Taxes At All on the ballot. Yep, we don't have to pay any taxes and have a yearly telethon to raise money to pay state expenses. Or how about Proposition Put ME On the Ballot. This one has everyone who is interested in being in the legislature submit their name and one evening we have a BIG lotto game in which a ball would roll out of the shoot with the name of a new representative on it This would sure make California politics a lot more interesting.

6. astonied says:

Okay it is 2 am and I am still up because I am so upset about this post that I cannot sleep. Does this mean if I am divorced I will have to go back and live with the ex and my new husband too? And if I could not get divorced from husband 2 would the state be requiring that I practice polyandry? And if I am how is not getting divorced helping the state because now instead of having two houses I would have to have only one which would decrease state revenues. Can you imagine if all of us who were divorced had to move in with the ex and take our new families with us? I will tell you what will happen…the state of California will go broke…that's what!

1. December 2, 2009