Is this a story about police overreaching? Or is it a story about the horny idiocy of young men, one in particular, who are so stupid that they can be taken in by an internet photo of a pretty girl? Could it be a story about the internet becoming a virtual Oceania, where Google and Facebook replace the Telescreen? Or more prosaically, is it a story about the incompetence of criminal defense lawyers? If I'd been Adam Bauer's lawyer, I'd have forced the state to try this case, though I'm not a criminal attorney. (My trial experience comes from insurance defense, but that would be enough to get the charges against Bauer dismissed.) Or is it a cautionary tale about the foolishness of laypeople who represent themselves in court?
Am I missing something? Could it be all of these, and more?
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- A Word From Our Sponsor - May 8th, 2013
- Lesson Plan And Syllabus For Second Semester Seniors, Princeton High School - May 3rd, 2013
- A Day Reading Popehat Is Like A Day At The Farm. Every Post Is A Banquet! Every Amazon Purchase A Fortune! Every Comment Thread A Parade! I Love Popehat! - May 2nd, 2013
- I Demand A Senate Investigating Committee - April 27th, 2013
- Be Aware That You Have Threatened, Tried To Blackmail And Accused Our Company Of SCAM With Your E-mail! - April 26th, 2013