They Look Different In My Head

You may also like...

9 Responses

1. Grandy says:

I agree with you, fwiw. Looking at the pictures, I can already see some of the characters (and maybe I'll be wrong, but e.g. the kid cast as Theon looks great).

Age is kind of an issue for alot of these parts, since I assume they'll at least want to keep a roughly stable timeline regarding Robert's become king (if you catch my meaning). It's too bad about Blessed being too long in the tooth, because if his age was right his playing Robert would be like the greatest "born to play" match ever.

It's hard not to be excited about this (I am eager to see the attempt despite low expectations), even though it means we will never EVER GET TO SEE THE FREAKING BOOK SERIES FINISHED.

2. laiq says:

A Feast for Crows pretty much killed all my enthusiasm for the series, which actually frees me to maybe enjoy the show – now that Martin has lowered the bar, they've got a shot.

3. Sparkylong says:

It is difficult for me to believe that Brian Blessed would be too old for any role, whatsoever. Far & away, Blessed is one of the best actors, ever, in my opinion. His portrayal of Augustus in "I, Claudius" was profound (although it must be said, that the BBC production's casting, itself, was genius).

4. jb says:

All I want is to see the climax of book 3 in True Blood/Rome/Tudors-esque glory.

"Say it!" "Saaay iiiit!"

5. jb says:

Also the Tyrion/Tywin scene at the end of the same book.

6. I think the youth of the adult actors is an important consideration. Blessed would have been great for those roles back in his I, Claudius days. But Robert Baratheon needs to be a young man – mid to late 30s, or just turned 40 at the oldest. The entire tone between Robert and Ned in the first novel is, "Can you believe we're supposed to be kings now? Hell. I still remember riding around and whooping it up with you as a teenager!"

7. jb says:

Damn, I just wish he would finish the series.

8. Linus says:

I love Peter Dinklage. I think he's one of the best actors working today, and it's a cruel trick of fate that can't get him more roles. Tyrion is such a great character anyway, this is going to be great.

9. mojo says:

I dunno. I'd have preferred "Nine Princes in Amber", but then I always liked Zelazny better than Martin.