The Breakfast of 400 Pound Champions

Print This Post

13 Responses

1. Ken says:

Now we're going to get hate mail from Rocklin. And PETA. And bacon-haters.

Next time, though, please order one for me.

2. ES says:

Rocklin has a great redeeming feature: a fantastic 18 hold disc golf course.

3. Joel says:

You can also get bacon waffles at Rae's in Santa Monica, and at Blue Star Eggs Cetera in Seattle.

(Probably elsewhere too, but those are my go-to places.)

4. Dustin says:

Bacon waffles are actually really good. We used to make them all the time in my family. You put the bacon on top of the batter before you close the waffle iron(the bacon should be cooked already by whatever method you
    prefer. However, as to you other point, yes, Rocklin sucks.

5. Sparkylong says:

This sounds like a quick 'n easy dinner for the family. Unlike me, my 3 daughters find food largely unappealing (I'm desperate to somehow learn how they do this). Unlike the idiocy of pretentious, pre-child thought ("I will ever & only serve my future children nutritious, well-balanced meals), getting the troika to eat anything–anything whatsoever!–is a triumph. Waffles-Ala-Bacon-Au Gratin just might work. Then again, I'll probably end up eating everything that they leave on their plates. As always. Which will be everything. Which takes me back to my first parenthetical statement. >sigh<

6. Chris says:

My daughter ordered one at a non-Waffle House. It was nasty – bacon is only good when crispy, not soggy, greasy crap in a waffle.

7. Scott Jacobs says:

You turned down something with bacon in it?

You are less of a man this day. *wink*

8. Packratt says:

Hmm, I guess I shouldn't offer you any of my wife's bacon-chocolate cupcakes or her famous maple-bacon-pancake cupcakes if you ever stop by Seattle then?

9. Sparkylong says:

No worries, Packratt. I'll eat whatever bacon Chris leaves (stupidly) on his plate. Oh–almost forgot: Christ will die healthier than I will.

10. bill says:

You know what's better than bacon waffles? Sausage waffles. Cook up some maple sausage — We prefer that of Jimmy Dean the sausage king, but use whatever works for you. Fold into waffle batter — I don't think the light and airy yeast batters work best for this — and cook.

Great comfort dinner on a cold winter night.

11. Chris says:

I was just talking with someone about bacon waffles. I think they could be really good if you do it right.

12. Shay says:

My mother used to make us bacon waffles. Great with maple syrup (if you were eleven years old. I'm not sure I could face them today).