In a rhetorical masterpiece sure to sway many voters, Robert Lowry, a candidate for a Florida Congressional seat, shot at a target marked with the initials of his opponent in the race, Democratic Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz. Mr. Lowry first called the shooting a joke, but later (probably after talking with many, many consultants) admitted that it was a mistake. You think? Sheesh.
Among other heart warming tidbits from this story:
- Apparently the Southeast Broward Republican Party holds their weekly meetings at a shooting range. Isn't that sort of like the Democrats holding their convention in the Castro with the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence presiding? No one thinks this might be a bad idea?
- Charmingly, they use targets equipped with traditional Arab scarves, when they aren't shooting at Congresswomen's initials that is.
It's nice to know that in this topsy-turvy world we live in, where Chaos is all around us, Florida remains the soul of consistency.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010