W-T-F?

Irksome

Hot on the heels of Ken's post concerning spam comments received from an alleged New York attorney, we receive the following comment, to this post.

Spam comment by Seattle personal injury attorney Bradley Johnson

The spam comment comes from, and links to, the office of Seattle personal injury attorney Bradley Johnson.  Here's a photo of Mr. Johnson:

Bradley Johnson attorney headshot

While the post to which "Bradley Johnson" replied, and which he really enjoyed, concerns a competing Seattle attorney, he did not read it. The post is a squib, containing just a few words.  It was posted months ago, so it's hardly fresh.  No one actually reading the blog post would have "really enjoyed" it.  He just would have followed the link within.  And he certainly wouldn't bookmark this site, because the post is one of the most inconsequential bits of fluff we've ever published.

Ahhh, but the post does contain the keywords "Seattle" and "personal injury" and "lawyer." And that's why Mr. Johnson's spamming autobot left a spam comment on our blog.  Bradley Johnson, Seattle personal injury attorney (and I'm sure he's just a wonderful personal injury attorney), appears to be a spammer.

Update: He's still at it.  See here.

Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White

1. Ken  •  Sep 17, 2009 @1:44 pm

I am scared that he will eat me.

2. Brian Dunbar  •  Sep 17, 2009 @1:57 pm

Here’s a photo of Mr. Johnson:

What Ken said. That's almost as bad as most Realtor head shots.

Pay some bucks to a _good_ photographer next time.

3. Ken  •  Sep 17, 2009 @2:01 pm

In light of this, and of the prior posts:

What if we started a separate blog that did nothing but posts like this, showing comment spam posts promoting professionals? It would, by its nature, be self-sustaining, because the comment spam programs would pick up the keywords. And it would be a single-location vehicle to show why comment spam is scummy.

Hmm.

4. Ezra  •  Sep 17, 2009 @2:09 pm

Hey, he said he bookmarked us, and he looks trustworthy. Maybe we should ask him what he thinks of the site in a week or so. Repeatedly. Perhaps even incessantly.

5. Al  •  Sep 17, 2009 @2:23 pm

Bradley Johnson is actually Patrick and this whole thing was just an elaborate ruse to ban Ken.

6. Chris  •  Sep 17, 2009 @2:52 pm

Imagine that picture with pale white skin and green hair.

7. Patrick  •  Sep 17, 2009 @3:22 pm

So Bradley Johnson had a wife, beautiful, like you Chris, who told him he worried too much. Who told him he ought to smile more. Who gambled and got in deep with the sharks…

Look at me!

One day, they carved her face. And Bradley Johnson had no money for surgeries. She couldn't take it. Bradley Johnson just wanted to see her smile again, he just wanted her to know that he didn't care about the scars. So… he stuck a razor in his mouth, and…

8. Ezra  •  Sep 17, 2009 @4:03 pm

Why so litigious?

9. lpont  •  Sep 17, 2009 @6:49 pm

I could never trust anyone with teeth that big!!!!

10. Scott Jacobs  •  Sep 17, 2009 @7:13 pm

I think Ezra wins this round…

11. dwagoner  •  Sep 18, 2009 @5:09 am

I know where he learned to smile like that:

Ponchos!

12. Brian W  •  Sep 18, 2009 @5:41 am

He looks a bit like Brian Thompson. If Brian Thompson ever smiled that is.

13. Bob  •  Sep 18, 2009 @6:22 am

I assume the professionals who use the services of these, shall we say, internet marketing companies, don't understand what these slimeball companies are actually doing for them.

14. Danimal  •  Sep 18, 2009 @6:29 am

Why do I feel the need to wear a neck guard when I look at that picture?

Umm, hate to reiterate, but maybe you should nofollow all comments on this blog?

15. Patrick  •  Sep 18, 2009 @7:45 am

Most of our commenters (the ones we allow through spam filters) are legitimate Dan, and we have no objection if they wish to bask in our page rank, so long as they have something to say. Indeed, many of them allow us the same courtesy on their own sites, to link to Popehat with our comments, without no-following us.

Whenever we feel someone is trying to comment just for the sake of getting a link, that person goes into the filter with the rest of the dirt, filth, hair, and soap residue.

16. Grandy  •  Sep 18, 2009 @8:09 am

Do not look at him with your They Live shades on.

17. Ed Flinn  •  Sep 18, 2009 @10:28 am

I feel that any sensible person cursed by nature with freakishly large teeth like that would refrain from drawing attention to them by having them bleached and brightened.

18. Ken  •  Sep 18, 2009 @10:30 am

Seriously, I had nightmares about this guy last night. His picture reminds me about that part in The Stand when Randal Flagg rips apart the incompetent henchman with his teeth.

19. Reuven Avram  •  Sep 18, 2009 @10:49 pm

He needs to sue the dentist that did those awful veneers!

20. Packratt  •  Sep 19, 2009 @3:44 pm

I think his face has caused me a personal injury… anyone know a lawyer in the Seattle area I can talk to about it?

…preferably one that won't eat me.

21. Ken  •  Nov 11, 2009 @7:14 pm

Hey! Somebody from Brad's office was just looking at this post! Hiya, Brad's office!

3 Trackbacks