Bartender In Chief
Making your way in Cambridge Mass, takes everything you've got.
Taking a break to talk to the President sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?
Sometimes you want to go
Where someone know you were abused,
and journalists alway looks for news.
You wanna be where you can see,
Professors and cops are victims,
You wanna be where the press reports
Those who worried that a President Obama wouldn't be ready for "prime time" can rest assured, he is.
As to whether his priorities are in order, well…
While I'm not a fan of the notion of "imperial presidency," the impending White House beer summit among the President, Henry Louis Gates, and Sergeant James Crowley makes Bill Clinton look like Augustus Caesar. What's worse, most of the press is reporting as though this is the way a President is supposed to spend his time.
NPR, was it really necessary to tell me, 4 times in 30 minutes on this morning's drive to work, that Obama will be sipping Bud Light, while Gates will enjoy a Red Stripe, and Crowley will drink Blue Moon?
You could at least have brought on the special correspondent for beer snobbery to explain how each man's choice reveals his psychological weaknesses.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility For Chip McGee's Feelz. And For Wombats. - January 30th, 2015
- Charlie Hebdo - Open Thread - January 7th, 2015
- The Curious Case Of The T.V. Attorney And Twitter - December 20th, 2014
- The Statement Of South Pittsburg Commissioner Jeff Powers - December 17th, 2014
- The Speechfather - November 19th, 2014