Bartender In Chief
Making your way in Cambridge Mass, takes everything you've got.
Taking a break to talk to the President sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?
Sometimes you want to go
Where someone know you were abused,
and journalists alway looks for news.
You wanna be where you can see,
Professors and cops are victims,
You wanna be where the press reports
Those who worried that a President Obama wouldn't be ready for "prime time" can rest assured, he is.
As to whether his priorities are in order, well…
While I'm not a fan of the notion of "imperial presidency," the impending White House beer summit among the President, Henry Louis Gates, and Sergeant James Crowley makes Bill Clinton look like Augustus Caesar. What's worse, most of the press is reporting as though this is the way a President is supposed to spend his time.
NPR, was it really necessary to tell me, 4 times in 30 minutes on this morning's drive to work, that Obama will be sipping Bud Light, while Gates will enjoy a Red Stripe, and Crowley will drink Blue Moon?
You could at least have brought on the special correspondent for beer snobbery to explain how each man's choice reveals his psychological weaknesses.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- The Speechfather - November 19th, 2014
- Bill Maher: "If You Strike Me Down, I Shall Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine." - October 30th, 2014
- With Apologies To Black Sabbath - October 29th, 2014
- Love Is Kind Of Crazy With A Spooky Little Movie Like You - October 2nd, 2014
- This Post Knows The Gate. This Post Is The Gate. This Post Is The Key And Guardian Of The Gate. Past, Present, Future, All Are One In This Post. - September 7th, 2014