Negotiating Tips From A Country Lawyer

Print This Post

9 Responses

1. Ken says:

I've learned that the most sociopathic clients are the ones who show me pictures of themselves with famous people the first time I meet them. Hands down, every time.

2. Patrick says:

The sad thing is, almost everything he told me is true. He is a Harvard Ph.D., very well known in his field. He does know famous people, probably including lawyers.

He just refuses to pay his bills on time, or until he's called. I told him that a Gerry Spence would want a fat retainer, up front, to represent a deadbeat.

As for the anti-semitic homophobe comment, I chalked that up to simple hate. I have no particular problems with Jewish people or gay people, but I hated him with the intensity of a Fred Phelps about two minutes into our first conversation.

Maybe it's a Harvard thing.

3. Mike says:

LOL @ at Mac-using technogeek qualifying as a "country lawyer." Then again, if centimillionaire lawyer Gerry Spence can get away with it, why can't you?

4. Charles says:

Respect my universitah.

5. Scott Jacobs says:

I'm going to hire a camera crew to follow you people around to document your lives, because you meet some real winners in your day-to-day lives. :)

6. Patrick says:

I use Windows on all of my work computers, for the usual work reasons, and both of my laptops (which double as work computers) Mike, because it's a superior gaming platform.

HORDE 4 LIFE!

And I know where you live. My neck of the woods is substantially more rural than yours. I'll bet you've never eaten a pig's brain.

I have, more than once.

7. Ken says:

In Patrick's defense, that pig was asking for it. I don't know what that pig's problem was.

8. Mark says:

Well, Patrick, can you prove his bills weren't part of the NWO plot to…um… do something bad?

Think about it.

PS: Regarding No. 10 – isn't Godwin established law?

9. Mike says:

You might know where I live, but not where I'm from. I have a picture of me, as a teen, chilling with four AK-47s. My first concert was the Charlie Daniels band; my second was Hank Williams, Jr. My brother is in prison for a meth-related offense. If that ain't country… well…. you know the rest!