Brief Report From the Parental Front: Shows I Hate and Love

Print This Post

You may also like...

7 Responses

1. Jag says:

My 8 year old has recently discovered iCarly which is bizarre considering he will leave the room anytime Miley Cyrus comes on (it's too 'girly').

It's amusing to see him try to decide whether to watch yet another steroid scandal on Sports Center while being drawn back to a rapidly maturing Miranda Cosgrove.

2. Chris says:

Caillou doesn't bother me too much, although I think my tolerance for it would evaporate rapidly if my daughter started watching it regularly. Yo Gabba Gabba remains my favorite kid's show. And, conveniently, it's my daughter's favorite as well. What's odd is that she'll sometimes demand to watch America's Test Kitchen over all children's options. I may have the two-year-old most familiar with freezer thermometer reviews.

3. St says:

That was hilarious! Caillou is a whiny little bitch and he will get what's coming to him.

4. Linus says:

I'll come clean. I have watched a Backyardigans episode from start to finish when none of my children were in the room (it was "Into the Deep"). That is some catchy-ass music.

5. Exodor says:

I enjoy the Backyardigans and I'm not afraid to admit it.

My four year old has somehow become a Hannah Montana fan. I'm not sure how she jumped directly from Barney and Elmo to the Disney Tween Merchandising Machine but now I find my TV spends a disturbing amount of time displaying Billy Ray Cyrus.

I must have been a very, very bad person in a former life.

6. Dan Povenmire says:

Thanks for the kind words about Phineas and Ferb, and yes, I would have to agree that the guy who does Doofenshmirtz is truly brilliant.

7. gbasden says:

The people responsible for the Backyardigans have my utmost respect. That show has singlehandedly saved me from unending replays of Dora and Caillou, both of which grate on me as nails on a chalkboard. The music in that show is also just brilliant.

Phineas and Ferb shares an equally deep well of gratitude. These days, however, my son is starting to want to watch Mythbusters just to see things blow up. I wholeheartedly support this trend.