I don't mean to pick on Great Britain this week or anything. I'm just warmed by the notion that in the face of anti-crime hysteria, another country has the capacity to act like even more of an ass than my own. Case in point: in an effort to profit from England's terror over knives, manufacturers are offering anti-stab knives. No, really.
The knife is expected to sell for around £40-50 and has been tested with “very favourable” results by the Home Office’s Design and Technology Alliance – set up to research products that can deter crime.
If someone makes whiffle cricket bats, buy their stock now.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Fear Cuts Deeper Than Swords: Bergen Community College Freaks Out Over "Game of Thrones" T-Shirt - April 17th, 2014
- A Story About Low-Key Policing and Corduroy - April 9th, 2014
- Time for the Popehat Signal: Missouri Car Dealership Sues Over Criticism - April 6th, 2014
- Anti-SLAPP Victory In Oregon: Anti-Telemarketing Blog Wins Big With Pro Bono Help - April 6th, 2014
- Michael Mann Files Anti-SLAPP Motion Against Mark Steyn's Counterclaims - March 18th, 2014