I don't mean to pick on Great Britain this week or anything. I'm just warmed by the notion that in the face of anti-crime hysteria, another country has the capacity to act like even more of an ass than my own. Case in point: in an effort to profit from England's terror over knives, manufacturers are offering anti-stab knives. No, really.
The knife is expected to sell for around £40-50 and has been tested with “very favourable” results by the Home Office’s Design and Technology Alliance – set up to research products that can deter crime.
If someone makes whiffle cricket bats, buy their stock now.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- A Few Notes On Lois Lerner And The Fifth Amendment - March 5th, 2014
- LEAVE HOUSTON CITY ATTORNEY DAVID M. FELDMAN ALONE - March 4th, 2014
- The Kaley Forfeiture Decision: What It Looks Like When The Feds Make Their Ham Sandwich - February 27th, 2014
- Controlling Public Art By Lawsuit: Japanese-American Citizens Sue To Remove "Comfort Women" Memorial - February 25th, 2014
- Rep. Steve Stockman (R-TX) Files Highly Questionable Defamation Suit - February 23rd, 2014