When Pointy Things Are Criminalized, Only Criminals Will Have Pointy Things
I don't mean to pick on Great Britain this week or anything. I'm just warmed by the notion that in the face of anti-crime hysteria, another country has the capacity to act like even more of an ass than my own. Case in point: in an effort to profit from England's terror over knives, manufacturers are offering anti-stab knives. No, really.
The knife is expected to sell for around £40-50 and has been tested with “very favourable” results by the Home Office’s Design and Technology Alliance – set up to research products that can deter crime.
If someone makes whiffle cricket bats, buy their stock now.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Sorry, Melissa - July 20th, 2014
- "Crisis Manager" Xavier Hermosillo Shrewdly Defuses Immigration Tumult By Threatening Cartoonist - July 16th, 2014
- Gleeful Troll Todd Kincannon Files First Amendment Suit Against South Carolina Attorney Authorities - July 15th, 2014
- Warrants: Bulwark Of Liberty, Or Paper Shield? - July 15th, 2014
- Monday Schadenfreupdates (Now Updated!) - July 14th, 2014