Save American Jobs: Ride Solar Powered Buses

You may also like...

7 Responses

1. Tom Lawrence says:

Moore is a dullard and his plans are nonsense, so well skewered.

But more broadly, sensible carbon tax proposals and an investement in greener transport are good government policies and do represent a possible future for GM.

2. GregSJ says:

Loved it! Great write up.

3. Doug says:

As a former resident of the rusting state of Michigan, I can say that Michael Moore is and idiot.

4. Bill says:

I'm not getting it. How can "an excess of efficient technology, along with low labor costs" force GM into bankruptcy. I would think that just the opposite is true. And wouldn't the fact that you arrive home in 25 minutes by driving instead of 2 hours by bus be the main factor in deciding to drive to work rather than the energy inefficient busses? That notwithstanding, if everyone took the bus, I believe that there would be a net energy savings even if the bus is energy inefficient. I think that your predicted wait of only a few months for a solar powered bus network, however, is very unrealistic. Solar powered busses are n.g. because what would you do on a non-sunny day, walk? And why are you knocking sailboats? There are two types: the sailboaters and the powerboaters. Ask any avid sailboater if he wants a Cigarette with twin 450's, and he'll tell you "no way." So what if it takes 5 months to transport cargo across the Atlantic. Those were the good old days where no one worried about high gas prices and labor problems at GM. Popehat, I once thought you were a logical fellow, but by your statements, I'm reconsidering. Michael Moore doesn't make much sense either. What's the world coming to?

5. Greg says:

Bill … sounds like someone needs an irony transplant!

6. Eduardo says:

Your mockery is spot on, fortunately. Cargo ships ARE reverting back to wind power!

1. June 6, 2009

[...] For unusually bad advice on how to save GM and Detroit, Michael Moore as usual comes through [Popehat] [...]