If The Carpet Doesn't Match The Drapes, Keep Your Mouth Shut

You may also like...

15 Responses

1. Patrick says:

I love those photos. I love that decoration scheme.

Of course, I was born in 1968.

2. Linus says:

I actually agree. If I could convince my wife (not bloody likely), I'd decorate my home that way, I'd do it. Yeah, I know, ridiculous.

Is it possible that Mr. O'Rourke is so clever that he knew such a letter would be publicized as you say, increasing the number of eyeballs which would see his client's property and therefore decided to fall on his sword for the free advertising? Am I naive to hope so?

3. matt says:

honestly linus if that is the case then this lawyer is a friggen genius!!

4. Ken says:

Yeah, my hat would be off to him for that.

5. lpont says:

I don't think smoking an J and immediately (after) taking a tour of this house is recommended.

I'm barely awake and that gave me a jolt.

6. Lucy says:

I want to live in the "Sorry" room.

7. Barry says:

Did the owners call the experts at TV's"Designed to Sell" to ask what they should do to make the house more presentable before posting those pictures? They should have.

8. St says:

We ran across the following when house hunting. I submit that it is worse.

9. Oh my god, I just had a fucking seizure!

10. G says:

Is possible the owners of the house were furious, called their lawyer, who said, "Gee, they haven't really done anything wrong." But owners were angry and sure that the bloggers had done SOMEthing wrong, so they insisted that lawyer do SOMEthing.

Left with the demand that he do SOMEthing, he writes a vague threatening letter. If he's lucky, the people on the other end won't know how much of a bluff it is. If he's unlucky, they'll know how much he's faking it for the sake of his angry client.

11. Jason says:

It's Parcheesi. The game of kings.

12. MsUnreliable says:

"Failing to do that, we will take all appropriate action."

Whoa. Does that include hiring a decent lawyer who will no doubt tell the clients to get out more and/or get over it? I sincerely hope so.

And now I wait for my own correspondence from dear Mr. O'Rourke.

13. Shannon says:

You'd think people who would decorate a house like that would have a good sense of humor. It makes me think that they don't understand it's tacky, and therefore didn't decorate this way to be ironic. Which is REALLY sad…

1. June 7, 2009

[...] this theme, Ken points to yet another, even more transparant attempt at internet free speech bullying. I can't do it justice in [...]