A Brief Moment Of Gloating
Winning motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgment and even trials is great, no doubt. It feels good.
But I don't think I enjoy winning anything more than an anti-SLAPP motion.
You acted like a thug and tried to silence my client. Now you're gonna pay my fees. BOOYAH!
I'm disappointed I didn't get to be at oral argument. I wanted to see the expression on their faces, and shake their hands afterwards.
Edit five hours later:
HAH! Tentative on another hearing tomorrow: WIN! What is best in life? TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, TO DRIVE THEM BEFORE YOU, TO HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THEIR ASSOCIATES! FLEE, PUNY MORTALS! NONE CAN ESCAPE MY INEXORABLE BRIEF-WRITING SKILLS! BWAHAHAHAHA!
Okay, too much diet Coke.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Follow-Up: U.C. Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks Gets Free Speech Right This Time - September 12th, 2014
- The Quality of Mercy Is Not Strained, But It May Have A Litmus Test - September 11th, 2014
- [Rerun from 2011] Ten Things I Want My Kids To Learn From 9/11 - September 11th, 2014
- Yale Might Want To Look Into Some Sort of Basic Civic Literacy Course - September 10th, 2014
- U.C. Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks Gets Free Speech Very Wrong - September 6th, 2014