Time … Marches … ON!
I remember when it was quite the achievement that satellites could show the Great Wall of China, the most visible man-made object on Earth, in great detail. Now, the International Space Station is poised soon to eclipse Venus, not literally but figuratively and only at some times, as a visible object in the solar system. Soon enough, the ISS will be visible to the keen-eyed without a telescope.
Someday the granchildren of my grandchildren, researching archaeology from the Ringworld, will find this post and smile. But my smile is wider, at this moment.
Via The Gormogons.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- The Statement Of South Pittsburg Commissioner Jeff Powers - December 17th, 2014
- The Speechfather - November 19th, 2014
- Bill Maher: "If You Strike Me Down, I Shall Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine." - October 30th, 2014
- With Apologies To Black Sabbath - October 29th, 2014
- Love Is Kind Of Crazy With A Spooky Little Movie Like You - October 2nd, 2014