I remember when it was quite the achievement that satellites could show the Great Wall of China, the most visible man-made object on Earth, in great detail. Now, the International Space Station is poised soon to eclipse Venus, not literally but figuratively and only at some times, as a visible object in the solar system. Soon enough, the ISS will be visible to the keen-eyed without a telescope.
Someday the granchildren of my grandchildren, researching archaeology from the Ringworld, will find this post and smile. But my smile is wider, at this moment.
Via The Gormogons.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Eventually That Animal Is Going To Turn On You, And You're Going To End Up The Victim! - December 5th, 2013
- if you MARRY! like your REPRODUCE! doctor you OBEY! can keep NO INDEPENDENT THOUGHT! your doctor. SUBMIT! if you CONSUME! like your STAY ASLEEP! plan you can WATCH TV! keep it. BUY! period. NO IMAGINATION! - December 4th, 2013
- I Am Thankful For This Bit Of Fun - November 28th, 2013
- They Shoot Ponies, Don't They? - November 27th, 2013
- Doctor Who: An Appreciation - November 23rd, 2013