In The City Of Chicago, Someone Is Getting Screwed, For Money

Print This Post

You may also like...

12 Responses

1. Brian Dunbar says:

I'll have to dig into that – but Craig's List only duplicates – actually does it better and faster – what you can find in weekly alt rags like the Chicago Reader.

The heck, Chicago?

2. Andrew says:

I initially read the last word of this post as "erection," which actually works just as well given the context.

3. Xmas says:

Patrick,

It's all about the money. Craigslist allows for willing buyers to find willing sellers (of the sex). Chicago police can seize the cars of people soliciting prostitutes. If the guys no longer have to troll the streets looking for hookers, then the police can't seize their cars. No seized cars means less money when they sell them. etc. etc.

4. colin says:

I really thought that with this title the post was going to be about Roland Burris. Seems to me that is the sort of "screwing" the taxpayers should be far more worried about.

5. E.D. Kain says:

But it's great press. That's the thing. The Good Sheriff can now tout his very public anti-prostitution creds without really raising a finger to actually stop any real prostitution…

6. steve fischer says:

I really couldn't care less about Chicago, Cook County, or even Illinois, but way to go Mr. Dart. So it seems that in the name of personal freedom the article writer and his responders are simply announcing to America that they like 15 year old girls. Unfortunately that is what we're talking about here. So may I suggest that you stop thinking with your undersized pencils and use your brain for a change, it might be refreshing.

7. Patrick says:

Perfect Steve. I couldn't have asked for a more thorough and thoughtful rebuttal.

8. steve fischer says:

I wasn't trying to be thorough, just succinct.

9. Patrick says:

And you succeeded beyond your wildest dreams Steve, at whatever it was you tried to do. You've shown me up by stating that I am sexually attracted to underaged girls, and that I wrote this post out of frustration that I may no longer be able to slake my lusts through Craigslist, rather than out of dismay at a frivolous lawsuit and publicity stunt by a politician who should be focusing his attention toward more serious problems.

Brilliant. I'll have to shut this blog down, now that Steve Fischer, internet ferret of pedophiles, is on the case. Perhaps Sheriff Dart should skip the lawsuit and hire you to head Cook County Vice, since you seem to be such a gifted detective.

10. Brian Dunbar says:

There is a character in 'The Phantom Tollboth' called the Humbug. He specializes in producing wrong answers very quickly and leaping to conclusions.

We have met the Humbug and his name is Steve Fischer.

11. steve fischer says:

I'm truly amazed that you have read "The Phantom Tollbooth". Pretty high brow stuff. So tell me which answer did I get wrong, about your little pencil or that you having something to say. At least I got my 15 seconds of fame. Just remember everybody has to be something.

12. Patrick says:

Steve, I'm banning you, not because you're a troll, but because you're an unamusing troll. I'll ban you if you add any further comments from your home account, though you're free to try there until I find you.

Even though you're an unamusing troll, as you say, you're still something in my book!