When I introduced the Golden Asshat, I really didn't think I would be inspired to award the prize again.
The criteria for this award are simple. You must impress us, not as merely an asshat, but as such a superlative and spectacular asshat as to merit the special recognition that can only be given a Golden Asshat.
But David Cohen, editorial cartoonist for the Asheville Citizen Times, a rather good small-medium market paper in western North Carolina, certainly earned his Golden Asshat with this February 9 cartoon.
The award is well-deserved. If you agree, won't you let Cohen's newspaper know that?
Via Fritinancy, through Twitter.
Edit: 2/12/2009 Dave Russell, who says he works for the Citizen Times, sends this message through comments:
Please note this cartoon did not run in the Asheville Citizen-Times — not in print, not online. I work on the editorial pages of the AC-T and he did not even submit this one to us for consideration. We would not have accepted it for publication.
You may read more of Mr. Russell's message, and my response, in the comments to this post. Thanks to Mr. Russell for the update.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Does The Internet Need A United Nations When It Doesn't Have A First Amendment? - March 24th, 2014
- Fear And Loathing In Falls Church - January 4th, 2014
- Eventually That Animal Is Going To Turn On You, And You're Going To End Up The Victim! - December 5th, 2013
- if you MARRY! like your REPRODUCE! doctor you OBEY! can keep NO INDEPENDENT THOUGHT! your doctor. SUBMIT! if you CONSUME! like your STAY ASLEEP! plan you can WATCH TV! keep it. BUY! period. NO IMAGINATION! - December 4th, 2013
- I Am Thankful For This Bit Of Fun - November 28th, 2013