And The Second Golden Asshat Goes To…
When I introduced the Golden Asshat, I really didn't think I would be inspired to award the prize again.
The criteria for this award are simple. You must impress us, not as merely an asshat, but as such a superlative and spectacular asshat as to merit the special recognition that can only be given a Golden Asshat.
But David Cohen, editorial cartoonist for the Asheville Citizen Times, a rather good small-medium market paper in western North Carolina, certainly earned his Golden Asshat with this February 9 cartoon.
The award is well-deserved. If you agree, won't you let Cohen's newspaper know that?
Via Fritinancy, through Twitter.
Edit: 2/12/2009 Dave Russell, who says he works for the Citizen Times, sends this message through comments:
Please note this cartoon did not run in the Asheville Citizen-Times — not in print, not online. I work on the editorial pages of the AC-T and he did not even submit this one to us for consideration. We would not have accepted it for publication.
You may read more of Mr. Russell's message, and my response, in the comments to this post. Thanks to Mr. Russell for the update.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- The Speechfather - November 19th, 2014
- Bill Maher: "If You Strike Me Down, I Shall Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine." - October 30th, 2014
- With Apologies To Black Sabbath - October 29th, 2014
- Love Is Kind Of Crazy With A Spooky Little Movie Like You - October 2nd, 2014
- This Post Knows The Gate. This Post Is The Gate. This Post Is The Key And Guardian Of The Gate. Past, Present, Future, All Are One In This Post. - September 7th, 2014