Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Child Protective Services Department
Remember the little boy who got no cake? The story would have made a good after school special, about cruelty to those who are different, if the little boy hadn't been named Adolf Hitler Campbell.
Now comes news that little Adolf, and his sisters AryanNation and Honszlynn Hinler Campbell, have been removed from their parents' care by the New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services. Why? The Division isn't saying, but the local sheriff confirms that there are no reports that the children have been neglected or abused.
I assume that Adolf was not removed because his welfare was endangered by an absence of cake. While I have little sympathy for the parents, I do get a little exercised when bureaucrats step beyond their powers, or step on the rights of the unpopular, even the loathsome, to score a political point. If there is no evidence that these children have been abused or mistreated, they should be handed back immediately. As much as it galls me to say this, the Campbells should file a suit under 42 U.S.C. 1983 for civil rights abuses, and they should be paid handsomely.
Neo-Nazis are so marginalized that they pose no serious threat to national safety or liberty. A government official who feels entitled to step beyond his powers in the absence of emergency, whether a President or a children's social worker, is a constant threat.
Of course, some assume that because children cannot legally be removed from homes for their parents' political beliefs, "it's very likely the Campbell children were removed for some other additional misfortune, like malnourishment or abuse". This amounts to an assumption that government actors generally try to follow the law, an assumption I'm unwilling to make. I find the lack of a criminal report suspicious. Police are typically involved immediately if there is credible evidence of child abuse or neglect. Unlike some, I don't trust my government.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Significant Developments In D.C. Anti-SLAPP Law. - June 5th, 2014
- Does The Internet Need A United Nations When It Doesn't Have A First Amendment? - March 24th, 2014
- Fear And Loathing In Falls Church - January 4th, 2014
- Eventually That Animal Is Going To Turn On You, And You're Going To End Up The Victim! - December 5th, 2013
- if you MARRY! like your REPRODUCE! doctor you OBEY! can keep NO INDEPENDENT THOUGHT! your doctor. SUBMIT! if you CONSUME! like your STAY ASLEEP! plan you can WATCH TV! keep it. BUY! period. NO IMAGINATION! - December 4th, 2013