"One Lawyer With His Briefcase Can Steal More Than A Hundred Men With Guns"
Two interesting, and timely, stories from the world of crime.
Value of items stolen by a gang of thieves in the greatest jewel heist in French history? $108 million.
Amount allegedly stolen from clients by New York attorney Marc Dreier? $380 million.
There is no word on whether the French thieves were able to lift the Pink Panther. In any case, the French were clearly in the wrong line of work.
Via Overlawyered in part.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Significant Developments In D.C. Anti-SLAPP Law. - June 5th, 2014
- Does The Internet Need A United Nations When It Doesn't Have A First Amendment? - March 24th, 2014
- Fear And Loathing In Falls Church - January 4th, 2014
- Eventually That Animal Is Going To Turn On You, And You're Going To End Up The Victim! - December 5th, 2013
- if you MARRY! like your REPRODUCE! doctor you OBEY! can keep NO INDEPENDENT THOUGHT! your doctor. SUBMIT! if you CONSUME! like your STAY ASLEEP! plan you can WATCH TV! keep it. BUY! period. NO IMAGINATION! - December 4th, 2013