I just spent 15 minutes trying to come up with a snappy headline. But seriously, how I can beat the one Time used? I found a decent headline to use! Straight and to the point, so I jacked it. THE ARTICLE, I JACKED THE ARTICLE. Money quote.
The reason, officials at the French Institute for Research Into Use of the Sea (Iframer) say, is Oyster Herpes Virus type 1 (OsHV-1). That virus, has proliferated along France's Atlantic coast due to a mild winter and abundant rains that allowed ocean water to remain warm, scientists believe. Those same conditions have also created an abundance of plankton — a cornucopia of nutrition that the shellfish have gorged on.
Fully fed and assured of more food whenever they wanted it, the youthful oysters turned their energies and attention to their sexual organs, leaving the rest of their system vulnerable to herpes infection.
The French supply of oysters has been nearly wiped out. Because of herpes.
Last 5 posts by Derrick
- Whether in a car or on a horse / We don't mind using excessive force - April 23rd, 2013
- No Shit - March 28th, 2013
- Ask Popehat! - January 7th, 2013
- Popehat Official Post-Election Day Reaction Guide - November 6th, 2012
- Happy Halo 4 Release Day! - November 6th, 2012