I Feel Immune!
I always assumed this was an urban legend, but Snopes assures me that it is not: James Brown's wife Adrienne Brown, through her attorney Allen W. Johnson, attempted to raise a defense of diplomatic immunity to a DUI charge on the grounds that her husband's nickname "the Ambassador of Soul" had been referenced, and thus accepted, by a member of Congress.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Sorry, Melissa - July 20th, 2014
- "Crisis Manager" Xavier Hermosillo Shrewdly Defuses Immigration Tumult By Threatening Cartoonist - July 16th, 2014
- Gleeful Troll Todd Kincannon Files First Amendment Suit Against South Carolina Attorney Authorities - July 15th, 2014
- Warrants: Bulwark Of Liberty, Or Paper Shield? - July 15th, 2014
- Monday Schadenfreupdates (Now Updated!) - July 14th, 2014