I Feel Immune!
I always assumed this was an urban legend, but Snopes assures me that it is not: James Brown's wife Adrienne Brown, through her attorney Allen W. Johnson, attempted to raise a defense of diplomatic immunity to a DUI charge on the grounds that her husband's nickname "the Ambassador of Soul" had been referenced, and thus accepted, by a member of Congress.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Follow-Up: U.C. Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks Gets Free Speech Right This Time - September 12th, 2014
- The Quality of Mercy Is Not Strained, But It May Have A Litmus Test - September 11th, 2014
- [Rerun from 2011] Ten Things I Want My Kids To Learn From 9/11 - September 11th, 2014
- Yale Might Want To Look Into Some Sort of Basic Civic Literacy Course - September 10th, 2014
- U.C. Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks Gets Free Speech Very Wrong - September 6th, 2014