Via i09, I see that HBO has a new drama series in production: True Blood, about a world in which vampires are real and reveal themselves to society. It appears questionable, but given HBO's track record with drama series, I'm willing to give it a look.
The writers shrewdly realize that this sort of thing would generate vampire wannabees — or the Poseferatu, as I would call them. I suspect that the Poseferatu would outnumber real vampires by about 20 to 1. I mean there's no hint of real vampires now and we've already got scads of orally fixated goths schlepping about holding Anne Rice readings. Imagine what would happen if they got wind that the real thing is lurking about. At the very least, there would be an exponential increase in shitty poetry.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- NYPD: Baby, You Know We Love You. Why Do You Make Us Angry Like That? - December 5th, 2013
- The Road To Popehat: "This Will Not Turn Out Well" Edition - December 4th, 2013
- I Smell French Blood. Also, Croat. - December 4th, 2013
- Quasi-Literate Racist Asshole Jim DeBerry of Definitive Television Threatens To Sue Above The Law For Calling His Video Racist - December 2nd, 2013
- In Which Elan Gale Teaches Two Social Media Lessons - December 2nd, 2013