Update on HBO Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire Adaption
So far, the reports are good, and HBO seems to like what they're seeing… but no, there's no greenlight yet, A GAME OF THRONES remains a script in development, not a series in production.
The one hard bit of news is that HBO has reached agreement with the BBC for them to come in as a partner on the series… IF it goes ahead. That's very cool news, and I'm excited and pleased to have the BBC involved… but even so, we're still in the crossed fingers stage here, not the shooting-off-fireworks stage.
The BBC has done some of the greatest miniseries adaptations of books ever (I, Claudius being a notable example, the House of Cards trilogy is another), and I think it could make a fantastic partner for HBO. HBO, on the other hand, has made some real strides in series with complex characters and story arcs, and is comfortable with stories drenched with gore and sex, as SOIAF most certainly is. HBO is one of the few networks I could see running SOIAF without inserting Hollywood endings that would spoil the entire point of the series.
Sooner or later I'm going to have to do an epic "Cast the SOIAF series" post. Latest thought: James Caviezel as Ned.
No new updates on "A Dance With Dragons."
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Sorry, Melissa - July 20th, 2014
- "Crisis Manager" Xavier Hermosillo Shrewdly Defuses Immigration Tumult By Threatening Cartoonist - July 16th, 2014
- Gleeful Troll Todd Kincannon Files First Amendment Suit Against South Carolina Attorney Authorities - July 15th, 2014
- Warrants: Bulwark Of Liberty, Or Paper Shield? - July 15th, 2014
- Monday Schadenfreupdates (Now Updated!) - July 14th, 2014