Declan McCullagh has the story of the surprising entry of Big Corn and the corn farmers' lobby into the Google – Yahoo – Microsoft merger brouhaha. Why would Big Corn care about such a thing? Why would a business which receives so much anticompetitive largesse from the government want to spoil the anticompetitive party for other industries?
The answer, sadly, will not surprise you. McCullagh provides a good investigation and overview of the way many supposed "grassroots" groups are formed and operate, and a look at the industry which has become known as the "astroturf" movement.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Coming Soon, To A Theater Near You - June 14th, 2013
- Screwtape Embraces The Internet - June 6th, 2013
- A Word From Our Sponsor - May 8th, 2013
- Lesson Plan And Syllabus For Second Semester Seniors, Princeton High School - May 3rd, 2013
- A Day Reading Popehat Is Like A Day At The Farm. Every Post Is A Banquet! Every Amazon Purchase A Fortune! Every Comment Thread A Parade! I Love Popehat! - May 2nd, 2013