One bag of dried pinto beans cooked two days earlier as part of a larger batch (most delivered to sick relative last night, spiced without salt). – two bucks.
One kielbasa, purchased at farmer's market – four bucks.
Two cups rice – one buck or less.
One onion, one tomato, purchased at same farmer's market – one and a half bucks.
Two large spoonfuls Chinese mustard, paprika – half a buck or less.
Cooked the sausage and the onion in a cast iron skillet, seasoned the beans with the mustard, paprika, and the tomato, which was chopped after a short boil. Tossed in the sausage after cutting, and onion, mixed well. Served over rice.
Best meal I've had in weeks.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Eventually That Animal Is Going To Turn On You, And You're Going To End Up The Victim! - December 5th, 2013
- if you MARRY! like your REPRODUCE! doctor you OBEY! can keep NO INDEPENDENT THOUGHT! your doctor. SUBMIT! if you CONSUME! like your STAY ASLEEP! plan you can WATCH TV! keep it. BUY! period. NO IMAGINATION! - December 4th, 2013
- I Am Thankful For This Bit Of Fun - November 28th, 2013
- They Shoot Ponies, Don't They? - November 27th, 2013
- Doctor Who: An Appreciation - November 23rd, 2013