Hmm. Work is underway on a show called Fringe, a filmed-in-Canada drama about an FBI unit that investigates weird shit. But wait! No David Duchovny sightings yet. i09 reports that it's supposed to be more in the style of Heroes than X-Files.
It would be interesting to see what they could do with this premise nowadays. It's far more common for primetime dramas to have story arcs that even span over seasons. Maybe they've gotten better at it — I always thought the long-term arcs were the weak point of X-Files.
Meanwhile, there's always Shadow Unit.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- How I Became A Dupe, And Why I Blame Canada - December 6th, 2013
- NYPD: Baby, You Know We Love You. Why Do You Make Us Angry Like That? - December 5th, 2013
- The Road To Popehat: "This Will Not Turn Out Well" Edition - December 4th, 2013
- I Smell French Blood. Also, Croat. - December 4th, 2013
- Quasi-Literate Racist Asshole Jim DeBerry of Definitive Television Threatens To Sue Above The Law For Calling His Video Racist - December 2nd, 2013