The Department of Commerce has a nifty little website, here, which allows one to create, in graphic format, tables illustrating the United States' balance of trade in all sorts of products. Curious about where America's sword, cutlass, and bayonet industry stands in the world, I was able to create this:
It seems reddish nations, such as Canada, Australia, and oddly enough Japan, just can't get enough American steel, while yellowish nations, such as India and China, are flooding our markets with cheap wallhangers, flimsy replica bayonets and the like.
Via Alien Corn, who has produced important work of his own documenting the state of the buggywhip industry.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Eventually That Animal Is Going To Turn On You, And You're Going To End Up The Victim! - December 5th, 2013
- if you MARRY! like your REPRODUCE! doctor you OBEY! can keep NO INDEPENDENT THOUGHT! your doctor. SUBMIT! if you CONSUME! like your STAY ASLEEP! plan you can WATCH TV! keep it. BUY! period. NO IMAGINATION! - December 4th, 2013
- I Am Thankful For This Bit Of Fun - November 28th, 2013
- They Shoot Ponies, Don't They? - November 27th, 2013
- Doctor Who: An Appreciation - November 23rd, 2013