Perhaps we're in danger of becoming the Blog of the Dead, but for this week's Friday afternoon time waster, I'm continuing with a theme: zombies.
Whoever wrote De-Animator, a flash-based web game which claims to be based on the works of H. P. Lovecraft but bears more resemblance to the works of George A. Romero, understands the essentials of a quality time-wasting mini-game. Good aesthetics, mindless violence, dramatic tension, and increasing difficulty ramped up through multiple waves or stages. He also understands the living dead, and that the only way to communicate with them is with a shot to the head.
De-Animator starts easy but it's all a ruse. You'll quickly find yourself struggling as the dead come in greater numbers. You'll acquire more powerful weapons, but your end is inevitable. In true arcade fashion, the only uncertainty is: Can you top your high score?
Hat tip: Bob (hotter than Driver) at OO.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- A Word From Our Sponsor - May 8th, 2013
- Lesson Plan And Syllabus For Second Semester Seniors, Princeton High School - May 3rd, 2013
- A Day Reading Popehat Is Like A Day At The Farm. Every Post Is A Banquet! Every Amazon Purchase A Fortune! Every Comment Thread A Parade! I Love Popehat! - May 2nd, 2013
- I Demand A Senate Investigating Committee - April 27th, 2013
- Be Aware That You Have Threatened, Tried To Blackmail And Accused Our Company Of SCAM With Your E-mail! - April 26th, 2013