Perhaps we're in danger of becoming the Blog of the Dead, but for this week's Friday afternoon time waster, I'm continuing with a theme: zombies.
Whoever wrote De-Animator, a flash-based web game which claims to be based on the works of H. P. Lovecraft but bears more resemblance to the works of George A. Romero, understands the essentials of a quality time-wasting mini-game. Good aesthetics, mindless violence, dramatic tension, and increasing difficulty ramped up through multiple waves or stages. He also understands the living dead, and that the only way to communicate with them is with a shot to the head.
De-Animator starts easy but it's all a ruse. You'll quickly find yourself struggling as the dead come in greater numbers. You'll acquire more powerful weapons, but your end is inevitable. In true arcade fashion, the only uncertainty is: Can you top your high score?
Hat tip: Bob (hotter than Driver) at OO.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Fear And Loathing In Falls Church - January 4th, 2014
- Eventually That Animal Is Going To Turn On You, And You're Going To End Up The Victim! - December 5th, 2013
- if you MARRY! like your REPRODUCE! doctor you OBEY! can keep NO INDEPENDENT THOUGHT! your doctor. SUBMIT! if you CONSUME! like your STAY ASLEEP! plan you can WATCH TV! keep it. BUY! period. NO IMAGINATION! - December 4th, 2013
- I Am Thankful For This Bit Of Fun - November 28th, 2013
- They Shoot Ponies, Don't They? - November 27th, 2013