My friend Caren is (among many other things) a vegan. Being myself, I make endless fun of her for it (and she gamely pretends that my tiresome jokes are funny.. most of the time.) She is also (among many more things) a talented writer and excellent cook. She has combined these three things to start a wonderful blog called The Fennel Files.
Her blog reads like a really good cookbook. Each entry is a story which segues seamlessly into a recipe that even makes this avowed carnivore salivate. I really enjoy the breezy and intimate tone of her writing, and how she layers the recipe with personal recollections. You almost feel like you are getting a family secret handed down to you every entry.
By the way, the title of her blog is a reference to my oldest completely unfunny canard about veganism. I'd like to think that my lack of wit has inspired her to better me in every way.
So, go forth ye foodies, check out the Fennel Files and don't blame me if veganism starts to sound pretty darn good!
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010