This is something that I prepare around the holidays. It's quick and easy to make and keeps well in a used cookie tin, or indefinitely in a freezer bag. Since it has no real name, I refer to it here as "Cheese Appetizer." Typically we serve Cheese Appetizer to company on arrival, as the finished product looks appealing if presented properly. Only a few of them will take the edge off of hunger without destroying the appetite. Be aware that this snack is deadly to vegans and the like.
One pound of sharp cheddar cheese, grated.
One pound of "patty" sausage, the sort that one rolls into patties.
One cup of flour.
Tabasco or hot pepper sauce to taste.
Grate the cheese, and add it in a mixing bowl to the sausage. Sprinkle pepper sauce. Add flour. Knead the mixture until it becomes of uniform consistency with cheese and sausage evenly distributed. Then divide the mix into nuggets about the size of a small walnut.
Place resulting product on a greased or otherwise non-stick cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees (until it reaches desired level of brownness). Remove from oven and allow to cool. Place Cheese Appetizer in tupperware or a cookie tin if to be served within the next day, or freeze in a bag for reheating later.
Cheese Appetizer may sound disgusting from the ingredient list, but it looks wonderful if the nuggets are assembled properly, and I've never had any go uneaten when serving to others.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- Eventually That Animal Is Going To Turn On You, And You're Going To End Up The Victim! - December 5th, 2013
- if you MARRY! like your REPRODUCE! doctor you OBEY! can keep NO INDEPENDENT THOUGHT! your doctor. SUBMIT! if you CONSUME! like your STAY ASLEEP! plan you can WATCH TV! keep it. BUY! period. NO IMAGINATION! - December 4th, 2013
- I Am Thankful For This Bit Of Fun - November 28th, 2013
- They Shoot Ponies, Don't They? - November 27th, 2013
- Doctor Who: An Appreciation - November 23rd, 2013