Me: [Explains in great detail why client's requested motion sucks]
Client: Well, I still want to file it.
Client: I mean, either the judge will grant it, or he won't, right?
Me: Uh .. right.
Client: So, I have a fifty-fifty chance.
Me: No, wait…
Client: Yeah! Either he'll grant it, or he won't. That's fifty-fifty.
Me: It doesn't work that way.
Client: Yes it does.
Me: No it doesn't. The fact that there are two possible outcomes doesn't make them equally likely.
Client: But two possible outcomes makes it fifty-fifty.
Me: No. I'm sorry, but no. The chances of you winning remain very small.
Client: I still think it's fifty-fifty.
Me: Look, either Angelina Jolie will blow me tomorrow or she won't. Right?
Client: I guess…..
Me: But do you think there is a 50% chance that Angelina Jolie will blow me tomorrow?
Client: [very, very sad] I guess not.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Prenda Law: The Sound of One Shoe Dropping - May 20th, 2013
- This Is The Most Wonderful Legal Threat EVER - May 17th, 2013
- OMICS Publishing Group Makes A Billion Dollar Threat - May 15th, 2013
- Rakofsky Versus The Internet: Advantage, Internet - May 12th, 2013
- Hilarious New Team Prenda Argument: Judge Wright's Order Is Irrelevant Because of Gay Marriage - May 9th, 2013